The reason why I liked forum groups is that I can share my articles which are open for critiques. Some of the members are sharing their honest suggestions how to improve my articles. But there are times I received comments not actually criticizing the idea I injected to my works but directly insulting my personality or my credibility as the author. However, I just ignored them and thought that maybe they missed to read the forum rules.
For some years being a member to some Internet forum groups, I had noticed that flaming or bashing between members is happening. Some ofthe members are posting deliberately hostile messages without the awareness of other people’s feelings. Now many of forum groups owners and its moderators have agreed and work together to apply some forum rules and policies to be followed by its members. And who ever ignored its rules will be banned from accessing the forum. Some would be banned for few days, weeks, a month or would be kicked off out from the forum permanently.
Speaking of forum rules and policies – I noticed that they are common to all of forum groups and other e-groups I have gone through such as:
- Members are not allowed to post defamatory, obscene, threatening, profane and hateful messages. The Admin or Moderators will ban members or offending posters.
- Commenting may include grammar correction. It may also focus on form and technicalities. Members should take all these constructively.
All criticisms should be taken constructively believing that there are no good or bad articles and no wrong or right comments. The important thing is that, if the author
- Members should justify their criticisms too, explaining their reasons when they note an article’s weaknesses. As much as possible, members should make suggestions on how to improve the article instead of just pointing out its weaknesses.
- Members should avoid criticisms which may only offend but do not help the author in improving the article. Example: “This article is rubbish.”
- Comments which taunt, show contempt, disrespect or personally attack the author are not allowed. Members who make such comments will be penalized accordingly.
- Discussions or debates like social issues and current events are allowed but should be done with respect among concerned members. Personal arguments among members are not tolerated and are subject to disciplinary action.
Flaming or Bashing in the net occurs when someone attacked the person, insulted him personally, or criticized the person who authored the article. However, if someone has criticized the ideas injected by the author in his article, it’s not flaming and it is normal.
- Ways to Advertise and to Attract Traffic
- Write More and Read More to Become a Better Writer
- Wikinut Awesome Publishing Site For Articles